Sunday, August 24, 2008

T minus 7 days


My time in Toronto is coming to an end. August has been going by so fast. It is hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that a week from now I will be in England, to stay. This week has been a whirlwind of running errands, spending time with friends and waking up at insane hours for work. Lately I've been having my fill of Toronto night life. The photo of Tanya and I is at Rockwood Night Club. I met Tanya coaching with RBA a year ago and reconnected while coaching again this year. A fabulous person, who likes to tell stories and is someone who can literally dance to anything :) On Friday, Joey and I went to a Greek Restaurant called "Pan" on the Danforth (Toronto's Greek Town.) It was hands down the best meal I've had in Toronto. Perhaps because it was three courses and Belgium chocolate moose tart was involved. The belly dancer and jazz band was almost as enjoyable as the food. Last week I also told my manager at Starbucks that I'm off to England and to my surprise she was really understanding about it. She even offered to make connections for me if I wanted to continue working at Starbucks in England : o I couldn't be more thankful.

All in all I feel ready to move on, but I am going to savor next week to the fullest. As my time here is winding down, I'm thinking of you at home going through transitions of your own. Autumn is my favorite season in Vancouver hands down. However, I am anticipating all of the beauty and wonder that a British Fall will bring.

Much Love.



2 comments:

Janine Lim said...

Happy early Birthday Carlee! Safe travels, have fun, and keep up with the blogs! Love living vicariously through you.

Unknown said...

Carlee, in the few winks we have hung out together, I can honestly say I will miss you!

You are such a beautiful, fun, talented, super smart, trendy, fabulous lady!!

I guess 1 good thing came out of UBC and that's you girl!!

Continue the parties and always be the "party-started". That's what it's all about. Just think...."what would Tanya do?" and then do it!!

I look forward to your blogs!

Work it girl!!

Be safe!