Friday, August 08, 2008

Pursuit of Happiness


I am sitting in an Internet Cafe situated across the street from Much Music Headquarters. On the corner, a musician is hooked up to an amp strumming as he sings. I see him daily. His Lyrics are as bad as his pitch which may explain why he's playing on the street and not any particular venue. However, in this second level room, his echoes sound a little like John Mayer, so I'm enjoying it :)

I am feeling happy. I am happy with the choice I made to come take on this journey. I am happy to be in Toronto. After a rough start, the city has become welcoming and inviting to me. The picture above is of the complexes where my apartment is, which has become my much needed haven. I eat, I sleep, I do my laundry and I am quiet there. I can see the CN Tower from my bedroom window which makes for a good show at night! I am in my element in the photo of myself taken by Joey eating Mexican and drinking Sangria. The restaurant is among many located on a quiet side street near my place, a nice oasis from the buzz on Queen Street. Joey is someone I met through friends while I was visiting Toronto a year ago. While I've been here, he has introduced me to a lot of neat places and people. I am Grateful.

The final picture is of me at work...or at play? I can't decide. Yes I am a Barista in training! In the photo I am getting trained by Aubrey. I think we spent more time playing with our cameras though. We share a love for photography. I have really enjoyed working there so far. Along with the endless amount of free drinks and coffee beans, I adore my coworkers. It's a very social environment which keeps things lively and fun. Next week I will take a break from making frappa cappas and will working for a basketball organization called G.A.B. "Girls Addicted to Basketball." It's a much smaller camp than Raptors Academy and is designed for young female athletes. I look forward to being apart of it.

Planning ahead for Europe has also kept me busy. Lately I have been researching flights for the beginning of September. I am excited about finalizing more plans and researching UK sights, flats and employment. I'll keep you updated on that.

I think about you often. If you don't already have my Toronto phone number, contact me and I will get it to you. Staying connected is tres important to me!

Until soon. xoxox

No comments: