Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oops, I did it again....

During my travels a few unfortunate events occurred concerning some of my electronic devices. My beloved Cannon Powershot A540 fell to her death in a tragic 10 second timer incident in Paris. Diagnosis: cracked lens. June 2005 - February 2009 RIP. A few train stops and 100 Euros later I scouted a similar model (Powershot A710IS) in a used camera shop in Brodeaux. I enjoyed her for three days. While taking some candid shots of Paula and I on our Bikes in Vitoria, I carelessly put the camera in the front basket of the bike without its case. Total dumbass move. I was really frustrated with myself upon discovering that the display screen was cracked preventing me from displaying pictures or alternating most of the camera’s functions. She still works, sort of....DOH!!! Oh yeah my other best friend, the Ipod shuffle is nowhere to be found! Without my tunes, I was forced to listen to the bus driver’s homemade CD compilations of Nickleback and Spanish rock for an 8 hour overnight bus ride. It was pretty sweet. Yeah...sweet. I took some deep breaths, went to my quiet place and counted to 10 on numerous occasions. Functional camera or not, beats or no beats...Valencia and Barcelona, BRING IT ON!!

xox

No comments: