Monday, September 08, 2008

London



We have all seen many many images of different places around the world. I thought I knew what London was all about because I saw a few pictures of Guards with furry hats and read of royalty gossip in the tabloids. It feels absolutely amazing to be in London. My favorite has been roaming through the beautifully kept garden's and parks like Jame's Park & Regent's Park (Picture of me by the fountain), the architecture, window shopping down Carnaby & Regent Street, Brompton Road and Camden Town (picture of me on the stiars) and seeing classics like Buckingham Palace, Westiminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral and London Eye. My Favorite Art Gallery bar none has been Tate Modern Gallery which is filled with contemporary, modern paintings and scultupres that stretches the mediums to their creative and conceptual limits. Out of the people I've talked to here, very few have actually been born and raised in England. From what I've heard it's mostly because of the EU. People from all over Europe and beyond have come to London for work. I can sense the struggle of the people here because of the City's high living cost, even an air of desperation in some. I just keep very alert. I am very excited about the opportunity to stay with my friend Tamara in Chester, a 6 hour coach ride North of London. I depart tomorrow at 10:30am. There, I will begin my quest for settlement and empolyment. I will keep you posted! Please visit my flickr account to view more of my London pictures.
Love Carlee







1 comment:

Unknown said...

So excited for you Carlee!! I am happy to hear you landed safely with no further plane cancellations.

Awww. The quest for a job and "settlement" sounds like an adventure to me!!

You will be more than fine and who knows, you may just end up living in London with a bloke!

Life is one big adventure girl! Enjoy every minute of your experiences.

-Tanya