Thursday, July 24, 2008

Finding My Way


Change. I hate it. I love it. My decision to uproot my life in Vancouver and its many comforts was based on the desire for change. After spending nearly a month in Toronto, a lot has changed. Plans, relationships and perspective. With will and determination, things are working themselves out. One piece of the puzzle was finding a second job. It just so happens that I may become a Coffee Barista! After landing a couple of interviews, management seems keen to add me to the team :) Also, two Korean ladies have responded to my makeshift ESL Teaching signs. Tutoring them has made me realize how much I've missed teaching, so I think I get more out of it than they do! I also managed to find a room to rent out for the month of August. The apartment is large but modest and situated in the Art & Design District. It is shared with 3 others who are PhD and Masters students. The rent (which is very reasonable) is all inclusive and even allows access to a private backyard patio with a BBQ & hot tub and also a communal pool & weight room. I look forward calling it home, even if it is for a month.

The first posted photo is a common sight of a Torontonian Summer. The city streets are flanked with worn vintage bikes stacked against circular racks like these. The next photo is of me preparing homemade Sushi for a group dinner held at Joey's. It was a memorable feast.

Next week I will be very busy with coaching Raptors Academy Basketball Camp. I look forward to coaching, get reacquainted and being around sports in general. I will keep you posted. Be well :)

No comments: