Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beauty is Relative.


Another week has come and gone. Work has been quiet so I've been touring the city's parks and museums. The Beta Shoe Gallery was neat. My favorite was the intricate beading and detail of the leather shoes made by 19th Century North American Indigenous Women. Yesterday I visited The Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art. The Modern and Contemporary Ceramic Gallery grabbed my attention because of the artist's unique use of shapes, textures and concepts. I also adored the simplicity and clean lines of the Japanese Porcelain.  Remember those one-of-a-kind jewelry boxes and pencil holders I'd bring home from Grade 9 Clay Class Mom? I had to laugh at the memory ;)
The pictures I've posted are taken at High Park. I passed it by as I was on my way to meet my long time friend, Josh, for dinner and saw the sun lowering in the trees and couldn't resist a photo shoot. 
The rest of my free time is taken up by the grind of establishing a second J-O-B. The job I have with Robyn is working out well, however, it's not full-time hours. I have never been good at "selling" myself to employers, especially when the places I'm applying to are strictly for money purposes. However, for Europe to become a reality, there is no time to be wasted on inhibitions or passiveness.
I hope all is fairing well at home. Talking with my loved ones on the phone has truly kept me grounded. Congradulations to Letah and Jordan on your engagement!  My heart is happy for you two :) Thank you Mom and Dad for your support and enthusiasm. I miss you Jeffrey. Andy, your endearing emails mean everything.


No comments: